There’s nothing like meeting face to face with other preppers and tapping into the knowledge of experts in various fields related to prepping and survival. And why not see some beautiful country while you’re at it?
If you live within a few hours drive of southern Missouri, take the opportunity to participate in the Ozarks Self Reliant Living University (OSLU) when it comes around each year. The event for 2017 took place January 28th and 29th.
According to information from event organizer Mike Slack, “This is year 8 of OSLU founded by the late Debbie Slack who felt a mission to teach homesteading skills and did so freely for years. She always hosted the two day special event in January and her family continues her tradition.”
The 2017 speakers and topics include:
- Dave Lohr, Mountain Man–survival in the wilderness, making pemmican and parched corn
- Francine Frank, author and animal care expert–caring for pets and livestock
- Allen Busick, Preparedness 101
- Jessica Baker–Essential Oils for medical usage and for health
- Mary Price, RN–When there is no Pharmacy or Doctor
- John Price–Ham Radio Communications
- Robin Gilbert, Medical Missionary–foods that heal and natural cures
- Dr. Mobley–Medical Care When No Doctor is Available
- Craig Wiles–Solar Power and alternative energy
- Dawn McPherson, Medical Herbalist–healing with herbs
- Dave Doughtery, author, history professor, Army Intelligence Officer–Killing the Beast, Reclaiming Your Rights and Country
- Doreen Hanes, The Truth Farmer–Healing Power of Cannabis
- Tony Piche, Down to Earth Foods–Long term food storage
This is an event people will travel considerable distances to attend. Click here for the complete OSLU schedule and more info.
If you’re curious you can click here to see what I wrote about my conversation with Mike Slack regarding the 2016 OSLU.