Below is a listing of what I call DestinySurvival Radio’s Greatest Hits for 2016.
Through much of DestinySurvival Radio’s existence I’ve tried to do a new show weekly. But this year I produced fewer new shows.
I trust you’ll understand if I skip a week or two now and then or if I take an extended break like last summer. I’m a “one man band” here, and keeping the show and this site going is a challenge. But I’ll do what I can, when I can, to pass along preparedness information you can use.
You can keep updated on what’s happening with DestinySurvival Radio through the DestinySurvival Dispatch, on Facebook, and here at DestinySurvival.com.
Occasionally I repackage and replay a show from the archives. Those shows won’t be on the following list. The benefit of archived shows is they allow you to hear a guest interview you may not have heard for a long time. Or it may be one you haven’t heard at all.
You hear me say it on each show, but your support of the companies on this site is what it takes to keep DestinySurvival Radio going. I really do appreciate it when you shop with the affiliates and advertisers featured on this site.
This Year’s Greatest Hits
Below you’ll find a link to the blog post I’ve written about each show. Each post has a show link as well as links to other resources, such as guest Web sites, books, etc.
Show posts are listed mostly in reverse chronological order, which doesn’t represent any sort of ranking other than by date. I’ve included parts one and two of a couple of entries because they go hand in hand. Each link is followed by a brief show description.
A new window will open when you click on a post’s link. That way you can close the window when you’re done, and you’ll be back to this page.
Scroll to the bottom of this post for a few concluding thoughts.
- Paratus Business News – A Big Picture Resource for Preppers–Morgan Stewart discusses Paratus Business News, a free, online, preparedness and survival industry trade magazine for businesses and consumers alike.
- Livestock on Your Homestead – a Model of Productivity and Stealth–Rick Austin, author of Secret Livestock of Survival, shares insights on raising animals for food on your homestead.
- Prepper’s Guide to Knots – Practical for Survival and Fun, too–Scott Finazzo, author of Prepper’s Guide to Knots, explains why knots are so useful and interesting.
- Forex and Preparedness – What’s the Connection?–Joe Gelet, author of Splitting Pennies – Understanding Forex, explains aspects of the financial world preppers often overlook.
- DestinySurvival Radio Features Gateway Preparedness Expo Highlights, Part 1 and Part 2–I share conversations with a handful of exhibitors at the September 2016 Gateway Preparedness Expo, St. Charles, MO.
- Prepper’s Armed Defense Explains Your Options for Protecting Yourself and Your Family–Jim Cobb discusses Prepper’s Armed Defense and ways to stay safe.
- Get Survival Medicine Instruction from This Helpful Resource–Scott Finazzo explains what’s in Prepper’s Survival Medicine Handbook and why you’ll want it in your backpack or bug out bag.
- Monitor Real World Threats with This Unique Free Resource–Future Dan explains how FutureDanger.com works and how you can use it to know how to put today’s news into perspective.
- Getting Your Church Prepared–Pastor Carl Gallups, author of Be Thou Prepared, gives sound advice on why and how churches should practice preparedness.
- Why the Doomsday Book of Medicine is a Must Have Resource–Dr. Ralph La Guardia, author of The Doomsday Book of Medicine, covers a variety of healthful living topics so we can be better prepared for the present and a post-apocalyptic way of life.
- Prepper Communication – How Well Do You Know Your Options?–Jim Cobb, author of Prepper’s Communication Handbook, describes ways to keep communication going, especially if things get bad for us all.
- Store This, Not That! – Practical Food Storage Guidance You Can Use–Debbie Kent, coauthor of Store This, Not That!, gives advice for beginner and experienced preppers alike on what to store and what to avoid.
- Prepping for a Pandemic – How Ready Are You?–Cat Ellis, author of Prepping for a Pandemic, outlines factors that could lead to a pandemic and what we can do to be ready to survive through it.
Wrapping it Up
Bear with me as I repeat a couple of things I say every year I do a post like this.
Picking out the top handful of shows is always hard. I’ve had to leave several good shows out. As with past years, my apologies to any of the guests I’ve interviewed who might have expected to see their show on this “greatest hits” list.
It wasn’t easy to narrow down my list to the shows linked above because I like to think all of my shows are worth listening to. I put a lot of work into them for you. But I’ve chosen to highlight those with the most “meat” for preppers.
Don’t forget, you can hear any show by going to my DestinySurvival Radio page.
It’s hard to believe DestinySurvival Radio has finished its sixth year. I still think of doing the show as an adventure.
Doing DestinySurvival Radio has allowed me to meet interesting and informative guests, and it’s been my privilege and pleasure to share what they have to offer with you. One of the benefits for me is that I’ve made some friends and useful connections along the way. I look forward to more of the same in the coming year.
Your feedback is always welcome. Feel free to let me know if you have show topic or guest suggestions.
Thanks as always for your support of DestinySurvival Radio this past year and for the coming year.