This week on DestinySurvival Radio I’m reairing the second of two conversations I had in September of 2011 with Steve Silverman, founder and executive director of FlexYourRights.org. What we talked about then is still relevant and timely because we need to know the best ways of avoiding trouble with the police.
Don’t get me wrong. our conversation wasn’t anti-police. The fact is, most of us like to think the best of our men and women in blue. And in a perfect world, that’s as it should be.
But events have created tensions that weren’t there in the past. What you and I might think is a respectful, common sense response in an encounter with a policeman could actually get us in trouble. We need to be on the alert.
When you listen to today’s show, you’ll hear us tackle subjects like…
- Simple rules for dealing with police.
- What to do when a SWAT team enters your home.
- How to conduct ourselves in the presence of privately hired security.
- Dealing with TSA agents.
- What to do if martial law is implemented.
You’ll notice some common threads in the two talks I had with Steve Silverman, which should help you and me come out OK in encounters with law enforcement officers.
- Keep calm and stay cool.
- Know your Constitutional rights.
- Assert your rights without letting your emotions get the better of you.
- Take a noncompliant and nonviolent approach.
These ideas are fleshed out further in two videos from FlexYourRights.org–“10 Rules for Dealing with Police” and “BUSTED: The Citizen’s Guide to Surviving Police Encounters.”