If you’ve got a way to heat water, meals during a winter storm will be much easier with meal pouches from Wise Food Storage. You’ll want to take advantage of the special offer which appears just below these winter safety tips.
Stay Safe in Winter Storms
Wise gourmet dehydrated meals allow you to stay safely in your home when a winter storm hits. Below are some tips for staying safe in winter storms.
1. Ensure you have a backup heating source such as a wood-burning fireplace or fuel heater. Make sure you have proper ventilation.
2. Make a family communications plan in case you aren’t all together when the storm hits.
3. Take it easy shoveling snow’ heart attacks from over exertion is a leading cause of death in the winter.
4. If you have to go outside, keep dry; wet clothing loses all of it’s insulating properties.
5. If your pipes freeze, remove any insulation and wrap pipes in towels or rags. Open faucets wide and pour hot water over the pipes, starting where they were most exposed.
6. Ensure you have at least seven days of dehydrated food for your entire household.