Does your survival depend on having police or military training for personal self defense? What about women, senior citizens and those with physical limitations? What if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on training courses? In other words, what about self defense for the rest of us?
Gerald Franz paid a return visit to DestinySurvival Radio to discuss this. Has personal self defense become intimidating because of what we think we have to do to protect ourselves?
Here are a few of the questions we tackled.
- Isn’t it a good idea to have armed resistance as an option?
- Do you need to have a powerful, big caliber gun for home defense?
- Is it better in a panic situation to have an automatic pistol or revolver?
- Does it matter whether you have a $3,000 gun or one that costs $300?
- Can you and I trust our instincts for shooting well enough to deter a home invader?
- What is the value of target practice?
- Is there a prescribed stance or posture for shooting?
- Does self defense mean you have to kill someone?
- Must you prepare to face gang violence?
As with anything in prepping, imagination and creativity are crucial. For example, something as simple as an ice pick from Forestry Suppliers for a few bucks can be a surprisingly effective weapon.
To hear my thought provoking interview with Gerald Franz, listen to the July 7, 2011 DestinySurvival Radio