Neal Rawls is a former police officer and has been the security chief of an international corporation. He draws considerably from his background in police and security work as he covers a number of topics from things we face in our everyday lives to certain evils we hope we never have to face. Coauthor Sue Kovach is a freelance journalist, author, and photographer.
Be Alert, Be Aware, Have a Plan is not only the book’s title, but the motto Rawls recommends for personal security and action. The content of the book is well organized to enable you to easily find material on given topics. Numerous stories, questions and answers, and checklists are peppered throughout this book.
You’ll be surprised by all the things you hadn’t thought of as potential dangers. Though much of his emphasis pertains to urban lifestyles, he does focus some on rural settings. Rawls wants his readers to develop the habits and instincts for recognizing and preventing dangers, whether you’re at home, traveling to work or abroad, dealing with a stalker, or are in the path of a hurricane, to name a few.
This book touches on questions such as:
* How secure is my workplace?
* How do I stay safe while out in public?
* Can I travel safely?
* Can anything be done to protect myself in a chemical or biological attack?
* Teaching your children to look out for themselves
* Hiring a babysitter
* How to avoid being followed
* How to prevent muggings
* How to protect your home from burglary
* Stopping credit card fraud
* Dealing with telemarketers
* Countering road rage safely
* Avoiding car theft and carjackings
* Reacting wisely to terrorist attacks, chemical spills and natural disasters
* And much more…
Overall, this book deserves its high rating by reviewers because it is thorough, thought provoking, and provides tips you and your family can really use.
Get your copy of Be Alert, Be Aware, Have a Plan by clicking on its title wherever you see it linked in this post. That takes you to the page featuring the book, and you can place your order there. Do it today. Be prepared and in control for your personal security and survival.